Studio Wildcard today announced new updates and additions coming to ARK: Survival Evolved for the Xbox One. Along with three new deadly creatures, the Woolly Rhino, Dunkleosteus, and Eurypterid, ARK: Survival Evolved will challenge players’ mettle by launching official Extinction Event Servers, adding the Swamp and Snow Cave-Dungeons plus more.
Key ARK Survival Evolved Xbox One Updates Include:
- All PC content and fixes through PC v238 including new Cave-Dungeons for Snow and Swamp Biomes, new creatures: Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, Dunkleosteus, etc.
- All-New “Extinction Event” Servers, which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown! (these are additional brand NEW servers, not existing servers)
- Improved game frame rate by approximately 10% (rendering & cpu)
- Fixed Bug: Focus is now NOT on the Leave Tribe button when opening the Tribe Menu. Also added a Leave Tribe confirmation dialog
- If you get stuck underground, you now teleport back above ground
- Mammoth colorization fixed
- Timer values that were resetting to 0 on “Reset Options” now reset to their correct value
- Server administrators can now specify a list of administrator users to have access to the full set of administrator (console) commands, as on PC. Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated hosts always have this option. If you have administrator access, all PC console commands can now be inputted at the Pause Menu
- Server Options now have edit boxes for inputting direct arbitrary values
- Spyglass now works properly in splitscreen
By introducing the unpredictable furry Woolly Rhino, the armored, deep-water Dunkleosteus, and the chitin-rich Eurypterid, Studio Wildcard has introduced advanced ways to attack and defend, bulk up on armor, and to travel the deep seas with greater defenses than ever before. The Extinction Event official servers launching today will reset after each month, with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact to signal the end. These time-limited servers are a great way for new players to start on a level playing field and a challenging gameplay choice for those who want to see how far they can progress before the end of days. Participants will earn badges to mark their accomplishment.
ARK: Survival Evolved is available now for Xbox One via the Game Preview Program.