Today Electronic Arts announced its preliminary financial results for the Q2 of Fiscal Year 2017 (July 1st-September 30, 2016). Below you’ll see a table of the companies results.
A statement released by Andrew Wilson – EA’s Chief Executive Officer cited the recently released Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 as two of the companies biggest rated games.
“Q2 was an excellent quarter for Electronic Arts, led by breakthrough new EA SPORTS titles engaging players across console and mobile,”
“We are in an outstanding position for the quarter ahead, with two of the highest-rated games of this console generation in Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2, global competitive gaming tournaments underway, and our first virtual reality experiences coming soon. Across all platforms, this holiday season will be a fantastic time to play.”
Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen added:
“Net sales in the quarter were better than expected driven by outperformance in FIFA, and supported by strong year-on-year growth in mobile. We are raising our annual guidance today based on the strength of our holiday slate and FIFA 17’s strong performance to date.”
Below are selected highlights:
- Net sales of $4.507 billion for the trailing twelve-month period are up 8% year-over-year.
- Battlefield 1 total player base for the first week was nearly double that of Battlefield 4™, and it continues to grow.
- In the first week of FIFA 17, 20% more players were engaged in the game compared to the first week of FIFA 16 last year and nearly 2/3 of all FIFA 17 players have engaged in “The Journey” story mode.
- Net sales from FIFA, Madden NFL and Hockey Ultimate Team™ are collectively up 15% for the trailing twelve months compared to last year.
- FIFA Mobile reached #1 on the App Store Free Games chart in 138 countries.
- Titanfall 2 has been rated 90 or above by more than 40 top outlets.