Co-developers Gun Media and IllFonic have announced via Facebook that a patch for Friday the 13th: The Game is now available for Xbox One users.
Friday the 13th: The Game endured a dreadful start to life following its launch, with numerous bugs and glitches affecting all platforms. The latest patch, which is Xbox One specific after previously being released on PC and PS4, addresses a long list of outstanding issues blighting the overall experience of the game including changes to matchmaking, bugs affecting both Jason and counsellors, in-game crashes and various exploits being used by players during matches.
The move comes off the back of fan fury after it was revealed that IllFonic was in fact, working on a different game, that game turned out to be Dead Alliance, a title that pre-dates Friday the 13th. The developer released a statement shortly after the reveal to allay concerns and has promised that it is still dedicated to further developing and supporting the asymmetrical horror title.
A 7v1 multiplayer game based on the iconic 80’s slasher franchise featuring masked killer Jason Voorhees, Friday the 13th: The Game debuted in May for Xbox One, PS4 and PC following a successful Kickstarter campaign.
A full list of changes can be seen below:
- Increased stability due to memory issues.
- Fixed audio threading issue that could cause stability problems.
- Fixed an issue where users could swap save games to use a DLC only Jason in game.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes matchmaking wouldn’t find open lobbies. Now can backfill a lot better.
- Switched to new memory allocator that increases performance and frame rate.
- Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match make.
- Added a Random option in the lobby.
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list
- 3x as much to help randomness.
- Fixed issue with Jason’s morph cursor not always showing
- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.
- Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
- Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn’t reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
- Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
- Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
- Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
- Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
- Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
- Fixed Jason’s mask floating when knocked off.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixed some host specific crashes.
- Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
- Fixes for DLC