Deep Silver have today announced that Homefront: The Revolution is scheduled to release on the 17th of May 2016 in North America, and 20th May 2016 in all other territories for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. A Closed Beta for Homefront: The Revolution is due to run exclusively on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, in February of this year.
Places are limited, and the only way to gain access is through acquiring an Xbox One Beta Token; Deep Silver and Xbox will be running a number of promotions over the coming weeks that will offer the opportunity to claim a Token and take part. Your best chance of getting a Beta Token and staying informed of developments is by registering on the official Homefront website at www.Homefront-Game.com.
To celebrate this news, Deep Silver have also released the first gameplay trailer for Homefront: The Revolution.
‘This is Philadelphia’ offers a chilling glimpse into the world of Occupied Philadelphia, 2029, and the brutal polices known as the Yellow Zones. Distinct from the war-ravaged wastelands of the Red Zones, and the highly militarised Green Zones, this densely populated environment offers a unique challenge and gameplay experience to would-be Freedom Fighters.
Homefront: The Revolution Features include:
· Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
· Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
· Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
· Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
· Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Homefront: The Revolution launches on the 17th of May 2016 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.