No game is perfect, and regular big updates have become common in video games, usually fixing a multitude of problems. But what happens when the updates make the problems worse? Gamer’s have taken to Twitter to voice their anger as Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare‘s latest update appears to have broken more than it has fixed.
Here’s what patch 1.06 was supposed to fix:
- Fixed exploits on various maps
- Adjustments to the Message Of The Da
- Fix for a bug where players would experience a crash after loading into Frontier from a custom game
- Fix for a freeze that can occur during Single Player
- Fixed a bug for camos in the Create a Class menu
- Audio adjustments in the Emblems menu
- Fix for weapon accessories not appearing on the left Akimbo weapon.
- Fix for the pre-match camera causing streaming issues when loading into Throwback
- Fix for users being unable to change teams, making the player unable to access spectate or CODCaster options in custom FFA games
- Created a fix for players not earning Keys after reaching max rank with Mission Teams (you can earn keys with a level 50 team!)
- Fix for an infinite loop that could occur if opening the game in an already running state
- Various visual adjustments to MP splitscreen when loading into certain maps
- Fix for the MP scoreboard briefly displaying a player’s score as the team score if the user has their scoreboard open during a round transition
- Allow for the rank meter animation to play again once a user confirms they would like to redeem a 2XP token
- Fixed a bug where the 3rd person player character did not face the correct way when airborne and shooting another player
- Fixed a bug in splitscreen where neither player could view the weapon models on occasion
- Hardpoint adjustments: Throwback – Removed “Lime” Hardpoint from rotation. Hardpoints 1-4 go in the same order: Train Platform > Barn > Bike Path > Baseball Field > repeat. The Hardpoint for Bike Path was slightly adjusted to not allow captures while wallrunning on the side of the bridge.
- Hardpoint adjustments: Breakout – Moved Visitor Room Hardpoint on top of the Visitor building (Central Rooftop)
While it may have addressed many issues, it seems a further update is required to fix the latest update.
— Rachael (@rach_tastic) December 14, 2016
@CallofDuty your stupid Infinite Warfare update gave all our Xbox's aids.
— Korey Schwab (@koreyschwab) December 14, 2016
— Richard Gregory (@RichMBSC) December 14, 2016
@InfinityWard call of duty infinite warfare latest update has crashed the game for most players . Saucedo restarting for update failure
— Henderson Cunningham (@i_am_henny) December 14, 2016
While the numbers of players the update has affected is currently unclear, given the number of tweets surfacing it appears to be causing significant problems for a large section of players. We’ve reached out to Activision for comment and will update when we have more.
A free trial for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare begins December 15th for Xbox One and PS4 users, with access to single player and multiplayer available until December 20th, 2016.
Having problems with the new update? Let us know below