Yesterday marked the 15th-anniversary of the launch of the original Xbox, and as you might imagine the stats since its debut in 2001 are incredible.
In the year’s since its arrival, we have seen the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 Slim, Xbox One and now Xbox One S all arrive, with Microsoft’s Project Scorpio next in line for a release in 2017 which will bring native 4K gaming into players homes.
With 15 years under its belt, Xbox released a list of statistics from the past decade and a half and it makes for great reading. In total, players have racked up a whopping 100 billion + hours playing across the numerous consoles, popping 32 billion + achievements in that time which combine to make a gamerscore of almost 600 billion. Check out the stats below:
- Number of players: 222,468,423
- Number of total gaming hours: 100,539,390,670
- Number of total multiplayer hours: 29,000,304,183
- Number of Achievements unlocked: 32,667,582,157
- Gamerscore racked up: 572,605,554,587
- Highest Gamerscore: 1,416,465
- Number of Xbox Live friendships made: 4,233,891,482