With Watch_Dogs 2 release a couple of months away, Ubisoft today announced its first Watch_Dogs 2 worldwide film festival, which will run from October 15th 2016 to November 15th.
The newly announced festival encourages participants to unleash their creative vision with their own interpretation of the “hacking heroes” theme. Fans will be able to share and vote for their favourites video with a chance to win prizes.
“Hackers are mysterious, clever, rebels, mavericks and change makers, good or evil,” said Guillaume Carmona, EMEA VP Marketing at Ubisoft. “We believe this is a super interesting theme for people to play with and we are very excited to discover all the creative content that our fans and people from all venues can create around it”.
Each entry must include a smartphone within their video, which must be between no shorter than 5 seconds and no longer than 5 minutes.
In order to participate players must:
- Step 1: Create your video
- Step 2: Upload the Watch_Dogs Film Fest website and share it everywhere!
- Step 3: Wait for the votes!
Below is a list of rewards up for grabs for every participant:
- Grand Jury prize: 50 000€ cash & 2 tickets for Assassin’s Creed movie premiere
- Jury “Coup de Coeur” prize: 10 000€ cash, 2 tickets for Assassin’s Creed movie premiere, a PS4®Pro, the Watch_Dogs 2 – The Return of Dedsec Collector’s Case and, one Parrot Bebop 2.
- Public vote prize: 5 000€ cash, one Watch Dogs 2 PlayStation 4 Bundle, one Parrot Bebop 2 and one Parrot Jumping Sumo.
- Influencer prize: one Watch Dogs 2 PlayStation 4 Bundle, one Parrot Bebop 2 and one Parrot Jumping Sumo, per content creator.
Watch Dogs 2 releases worldwide November 15th for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC.