Yauka fans rejoice. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life will release in the west on March 20th, 2018 for PS4, a year after its release in Japan, Sega has announced.
Drawing the story of main protagonist Kuzuma Kiryu to a close, Yakuza 6 will be available digitally and at retail in North America and Europe early next year, with Sega announcing a premium edition “After Hours” for die-hard fans which include the following treats:
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
Additionally, players can also pre-order a limited launch edition containing a sleek hardcover art book that also doubles as a disc holder.
In Yakuza 6, Kazuma Kiryu will find out exactly how much people are willing to sacrifice for family – be those ties through blood or bond – when he investigates a series of shadowy events that involve the ones he holds closest to his heart. Fresh out of a three-year prison sentence, an older and weathered Kiryu comes to find out that his surrogate daughter, Haruka, has gone missing from the orphanage he looks after. The trail leads him to his old stomping grounds in Kamurocho, where he discovers that she has been struck by a car and now lies in a coma. To make matters worse, Kiryu learns that Haruka now has a son that he must look after. With baby in hand, Kiryu journeys to the seaside town of Onomichi, Hiroshima to unravel the truth about Haruka, her son, and a sinister secret that the Hiroshima yakuza are harboring.
A remastered version of 2005’s Yakuza (Yakuza Kiwami) will arrive on PS4 later this month, be sure to look out for our review in the coming days.
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life releases in North America and Europe on March 20th for PS4.