Today developer Sumo Digital released a multiplatform patch for its physics platformer, Snake Pass.
For Nintendo Switch users this introduces time trials and online leaderboards for the first time, allowing players to challenge and compete against one another competitively. On PC, Razor Chroma Keyboard support has been added along with a 4K user interface fix for players that play in 2160p.
The patch also adds a host of improvements and fixes across all platforms including changes to gameplay, audio, time trials and a certain pesky achievement that wouldn’t unlock correctly.
Snake Pass Patch 1.2.0 Notes
- TIME TRIAL AND LEADERBOARDS: Time Trial mode is now available for Nintendo Switch players. Battle it out against friends to see who can make it to the top of the leaderboards with the quickest time
Steam / Windows 10
- RAZER CHROMA: support for Razer Chroma Keyboards has been added
- 4K UI: fixed a bug where the UI was not displaying correctly on 4k monitors for PC players
- STEAM: Steam version now sets to the language that Steam is set to rather than the OS of the PC
- PLAYSTATION 4 AUDIO: fixed an issue where PlayStation 4 audio was unintentionally compressed
- TAIL GRAB: fixed a bug where Tail Grab was unreliable
- TIME TRIAL: fixed a TT exploit where players could get a time of zero
- TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial where some players could not complete the level
- TIME TRIAL: fixed an issue in Time Trial that prevented the timer from not displaying correctly
- LEVEL 11: fixed an issue where the ball would activate incorrectly for some players
- QUETZALCOATL ACHIEVEMENT: fixed an issue with Quetzalcoatl not triggering correctly for some players. If players have previously reached the requirements, playing a level without dying again should trigger the achievement.
- FLOOR IS MOLTEN ROCK ACHIEVEMENT: The Floor Is Molten Rock achievement now triggers correctly
- CAMERA: fixed an issue where the camera did not move as fast as intended
- LEVEL 9: fixed an issue where the camera would not move for some players making the level unplayable
- TAIL GRAB: fixed an issue where Noodle would move faster than intended while Doodle was holding his tail
- GAME ICONS: all platforms have updated game icons
- GENERAL FIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
A retro-inspired platformer, Snake Pass sees players slither, curl and climb their way through increasingly challenging worlds filled with intricate obstacles and fiendishly mind-bending challenges.
Snake Pass is available now on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC via Steam or the Windows Store.